Please note that opening times vary throughout the year.
During the Autumn Term the library is open 24 hours every day:
- Main Entrance, C Block: 24 hours
- Library Road, C Block: 08.00-21.00
- Terrace and Grimond Entrances, A Block: Monday – Friday 08.00-21.00
Service desks are open six days a week:
- Monday to Friday, 09.00-21.00
- Saturday and Sundays, 12.00-18.00
Drill Hall Library
Opening hours vary throughout the year.
Last entry to the Library is 15 minutes before the published closing time.
The library is open every day:
- Monday to Friday, 08.30-00.00
- Saturday to Sunday, 10.00-00.00
The Welcome Desk is open everyday:
- Monday to Friday, 08.30-19.00
- Saturday to Sunday, 11.00-17.00
Tonbridge Centre Library
The Library is unstaffed, but it is open for collecting and returning books.
Email or phone the office staff on 01732 352316 to find out if it is open before you make your journey.
We aim to make our resources and services accessible to all.
The Drill Hall Library and the Templeman Library both feature:
- close-by parking facilities with disable bays
- step-free access
- push plate doors at entrances and throughout
- lift access to all floors and basements
Finding books and resources
Use LibrarySearch to access the library's vast collection of books, journals, multimedia and digital resources, specifically chosen to support teaching and research at Kent.
LibrarySearch searches the Templeman, Tonbridge Centre, and Drill Hall libraries, and specialist collections.
Borrowing from our libraries
You can borrow up to 40 items from our libraries, using your KentOne card.
There are a number of loan periods depending on your needs. These are:
- 7-day loans: most items, including journals and document delivery books
- 3-day loans: high demand and multimedia items
- 1-day loans: laptops and headphones for use in the library
- reference items: you can only use these in the library.
7-day loans and 3-day loans will be automatically renewed until someone else reserves them or you return them.
Document delivery books will be automatically renewed up to five times.
Resources and guidance are available for all teaching staff at Kent.
Getting materials from other libraries
If you need an item that isn't available at a Kent libraries, we'll try to get it for you from elsewhere.
The Research Support team can help you to develop your effectiveness as a researcher at Kent.